Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cherry & Pear Pie Juice

I caught G.Gavin's Road Trip on TV the other night and did I circle a date on my calender to take a ride to Pies 'n' Thighs in Brooklyn. So, you bring up the juice detox, I know. I circled it way into the future and as odd as it sounds, late night, I take comfort in watching a little food TV. It makes me feel like I'm eating, even though my nourishment comes through a straw. (Deep sigh and a chuckle.) So they featured fried chicken, yum and a glorious cherry and pear pie that I immediately thought to myself, "Cherry and Pear Pie Juice!" minus the buttery pasty. (Double sigh.) But to be honest with you, I didn't even miss it, the juice was so delicious on its' own. Enjoy!




  • 1 1/4 cup sour cherry juice*
  • 4 Bosc pears, juiced
  • pinch of ground cinnamon
  • freshly grated nutmeg

Combine all of the ingredients and stir well. Serves 1.

*You want to use a good cherry juice, I'm obsessed with Granny's Secret, it's just so good. Great late at night, as it's helps with sleep, which I found out by default on a sleepy Saturday afternoon, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment