Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Blackberry - Lavender Juice

So it's official, I am sticking to this juice fast a la Joe Cross in Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I walked into Tarjet the other day and what stared me in the face upon walking in were bikinis, tiny, cute bikinis, that I can't fit into. Or maybe I could fit into them if I stretched, pulled and tied it, at its' last millimeter of string? It all started with a cold/cough from last year, that I am having such a hard time getting rid of. At one point, I thought it was bronchitis, the weight sitting on my chest, like a few bricks. I'm grateful that it's dwindled down to just a cough but at the height of its' heaviness, I referenced a natural health book that suggested that I do a juice fast for a week, with no appetite, it felt like the right thing to do and came naturally. I really like the idea of giving your body a rest, a rest from eating, especially cravings, those darn cravings that take you on a roller coaster of flavors that has been the cornerstone of this blog. I'm a food lover for God's sake, not cooking will be hard, as it's my passion, not to mention the difficulty of not tasting. I love creating food to be thoroughly, unabashedly enjoyed down to the last bite. But it's time for a change and I know it's not going to be for forever but it will be a challenging time for sure, making juices interesting and tasty but so far so good! Enjoy!


  • 2 Gala apples, juiced
  • 1 cup blackberries, blended with a hand immersion blender
  • a few lavender buds* food-grade found in the spice aisle
  • 1 cup Earl Grey tea, cooled
  • stevia*optional


Combine all of the ingredients, add stevia if you want it sweeter. Enjoy. Makes one generous serving.





*Please consult your health care professional before starting a juice fast.*



2 comments:

  1. Isn't it hard to drink juice when it's cold out? Do you heat this to have it warm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It kind of is but I'm enjoying it. I think you can always use hot tea instead of cooled or warmed it up a little bit, honey would be nice to add to it...

    ReplyDelete