Friday, January 11, 2013

Apple and Strawberry Juice with Rosehip Hibiscus Tea

It's a height-of-winter-type of day, cold and the sky is gray. The snow is turning dirty and it feels like spring is a long time aways, although I know that's not true, it will be here before we know it. I'm constantly amazed at how profound nature is. Slowly, the dreariness will transition to warming temperatures, the snow will melt and the crocuses will begin to show their cheery purple faces. Birds will chirp loudly and spring will greet us one day as we open the door to go out, to go back inside to trade our winter coats for light spring jackets. The sun will shine stronger and it will be a celebration of life. When I think of the wonder, I'm grateful and look at winter as a gift to go deep within and to make the changes that are needed, to be part of the rebirth of springtime. I can't help but think of this, as it's day eleven of my detox and I'm excited for the changes. Enjoy a slightly tropical juice with me, detoxing or not, it's a nice addition to your day in place of coffee. Use an umbrella straw, just for fun! ;) Happy weekend!





  • 3 Gala apples
  • 1 mango
  • 4 oz. rosehip hibiscus tea, cooled
  • 1 cup strawberries, pureed
  • stevia*optional


Juice the apples and the mango and add in the tea and the strawberries, stir well and enjoy. Makes 1 serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment