Friday, January 18, 2013

Gazpacho Juice

I really miss cooking and getting lost in the kitchen, creating recipes, tasting and enjoying the end result. I miss the fire and the bubbling of a tomato sauce, the sound of meatballs sizzling in a frying pan and the plop of the meatballs being dropped into the sauce. And the slurping of long spaghetti strands, as you enjoy your first bite. I miss it all but it's day eighteen of my detox and I'm excited, it will be worth the sacrifice. In creative spirits, I made a gazpacho juice with tomatoes and cucumbers for a twist on the classic, I added fennel and a small cubanelle pepper, my favorite. If you are feeling brave add a clove of garlic. Happy weekend!






  • 11 Campari tomatoes, with the seeds reserved from one tomato for garnish
  • 1/2 English cucumber, skin peeled
  • 1/2 fennel bulb
  • 1 cubanelle pepper
  • 1 clove of garlic* optional


Juice all of your vegetables and enjoy. Serves 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment