Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Little Gnome in a Rose Bush

Do you ever want to give the gift that keeps on giving of a potted flower or a houseplant and it just looks kind of sad? It comes in that hard dark green plastic pot and you wish it came ready to gift (without the shiny foil.) I know what you mean, me too. An easy and fun way to dress up your gift is by wrapping the pot in my favorite fabric of choice, burlap and adding in a little gnome. A little gnome always puts a smile on my face and makes it extra special. Happy gifting!



Make sure your plant is on the dry side, so it doesn't leak through the burlap. Next, cut a piece of the burlap, depending on how big of a pot you have. I usually take a corner of the piece of burlap and just mock wrap it around the pot and then cut to size. Use twine, raffia or even a fancy ribbon to secure the burlap and tie a bow. Plant your little gnome inside and you are done in less than 5 minutes flat. If placing him in a mini rose bush like here, just use gloves to protect your hands.



                                 I found this little cutie at Target and I fell in love...


No comments:

Post a Comment