Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Parsley & Pistachio Pesto

There was one summer that I was obsessed with pesto. It started with a traditional pesto of basil and pine nuts and further along in the summer, after putting basil pesto in about everything, I progressed to a parsley and pistachio pesto and I rarely looked back to basil pesto that year. I experimented and found that I like my parsley and pistachio pesto without cheese but when it's combined with pasta, I like some freshly grated Parmesan or Grana Padano on top, so I always make the batch without cheese. This is great on its' own to dip bread in, just top with a little extra olive oil; perfect for pasta, just toss in a little pasta water and this is also nice served with poached chicken and fish, served cold. And if you are a garlic lover, you can always add more. Enjoy!




  • 1 bunch parsley, roughly about 3 cups of loosely packed leaves
  • 1/4 cup raw pistachios
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 small clove of garlic
  • sea salt
  • fresh ground black pepper

Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and combine well. Adjust the seasonings as needed. Makes about a 3/4 cup or so. (I did a little adjusting.) ;) This recipe is enough for a pound of pasta.




No comments:

Post a Comment