Friday, April 5, 2013

National No Housework Day 4/7

One of my favorite days of the year is coming up...National No Housework Day! And I am going to thoroughly honor it, as it's my duty. (Although I think I honor it a little more than I should.) I wish I was the type of gal that liked to clean but I don't really, or didn't really I should say, until my friend shared a method with me that has got me actually beginning to enjoy it. This method has been a life saver when it comes to the dreaded thing we call house work. When I have a daunting task in front of me, such as organizing the junk drawer, I set the timer for fifteen to twenty minutes and I go to town. Making a game of beating the clock has helped me tremendously. And if I ever do need an extension, I just add on another five to ten minutes. It's the satisfaction in the combination of the task complete and the timer going off at the same time that makes the "game" so much fun. (Did I actually write that?) This works great for individual tasks, such as tidying up the living room, giving the bathroom a quick cleaning, doing the dishes and cleaning the stove up after dinner and even putting away groceries. Or if your space is pretty clean already, you can use the fifteen-twenty minute method for a quick tidying up of your entire space, fluffing the pillows, shining that sink and stove, putting away the mail and Fido's toys back into his toy bin. It's a great method for kids to clean up their toys also. Enjoy your weekend and taking it easy!




I couldn't resist. It made me laugh out loud and was a whole dollar or two at a garage sale! It still hangs by the door, giving me a good laugh now and then, while I dust it, trying to beat the clock.


No comments:

Post a Comment