Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Glass Bottle Garland

My husband surprised me with roses this morning, for no reason! I love flowers given just because. It's the simple things in life that can bring us such joy on an ordinary, gloomy, overcast kind of day. It was just the thing I needed. Another simple thing that I L-O-V-E is garland made out of tiny glass bottles. This is just perfect, especially with the warmer weather coming. (It has to come right? It was a brisk 37 degrees this morning! I'm beginning to wonder...) I've been waiting for the right moment to use this garland and once I saw that bunch of red roses, I knew it would just brighten the grayness of the day. This is so pretty draped across almost anything, as long as there is a supportive wall behind it. This is sweet on a simple fence. Perfect for summertime birthday parties in the backyard. Bring it indoors to hang against the mantle, on a wall in the bedroom or in any part of your space, that needs a little brightening! Enjoy!




This glass bottle garland holds a dozen tiny buds. It stretches about 6 feet across and the wires are easy to manipulate with the bottles, so they stand upright. Use nails to hold the garland in place and check that it holds the weight securely. Once you add water to the vases, it can get a little heavy. Happy decorating!




Here is a close-up of the way it's held in place...



2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. How did you hold up the bottles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I added a close-up of how it's held up, hope it helps out with the visuals. Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete