Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Micro Trail Mix

I have been obsessed with bee pollen lately, especially when the clock strikes 3 P.M., an internal clock goes off, where I need a little pick-me-up. I go through phases, one month it's coffee to get that energy boost, the next, it's a square or two of dark chocolate and lately, when three o'clock hits, it's micro trail mix time. It started out with a teaspoon of bee pollen and has evolved into combining it with chia seeds, flax seeds and adding in cocao nibs. Sometimes, I add in a few raw walnuts or almonds and even that square of dark chocolate. Nothing beats that cup of coffee but this is a great energy booster to have with you, when you need a little pick-me-up at work, home or even on the trail. Have fun making your own combinations. Enjoy!



  • 1 teaspoon bee pollen
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1 teaspoon flax seeds
  • 1 tablespoon hemp hearts (raw shelled hemp seeds)
  • 1/2 teaspoon raw cocao nibs

Combine all of the seeds and nibs together. (One cup glass storage containers are great for storing this at home or on the go.) Serves 1.



2 comments:

  1. What does bee pollen taste like? And where do you find hemp hearts? Sounds so exotic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bee pollen is an aquired taste, lol. It tastes like a super concentrated honey with a taste I can't quite put my finger on. I found hemp hearts in the local supermarket, in the healthy aisle! Any health food store will have them. Let me know how you like it, if you try it!

    ReplyDelete