Thursday, April 25, 2013

Chamomile & Lavender Tonic

It's National Stress Awareness Month and I'm sure we are more aware of it than we would like. We all know how bad stress if for our body and if we take small steps to keep it at bay everyday, it can help in the long run. Deep breathing for a few minutes, a nice hot shower or a nice cup of  tea is always calming and soothing. We all know the calming effects of chamomile and lavender. A steamy cup of chamomile tea at night is just what I need to relax and to melt some of those stressors away.  And I just love a few satchels of lavender tucked into my pillow cases to help me fall asleep. Why not combine the relaxing duo into a tonic? Enjoy by candlelight and melt that stress away...
 
  • 4oz. chamomile tea, cooled
  • 4oz. lavender kombucha ( I used GT's Kombucha Lavender No. 3)
 
Combine in a glass and give it a little stir. (If you like, you can add in a shot of vodka if you are in the mood for a cocktail.) Serves 1, double the recipe as needed.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment