Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Earring Storage & Display

I love all kinds of wire baskets, the older looking, the better, especially with extra crooked wires. This basket was holding papers, that needed to be filed. Boring! We want fun today! So, I thought how cool would it be hung on the wall displaying earrings*? This would look great in a group of three, one for the earrings, one for bracelets and one for necklaces, especially on a fun colored wall. You want to use a shallow wire basket. (I got this one at ABC Carpet & Home, months ago, on sale.) Begin by holding up your wire basket and press in push pins into the corners or for a little more permanence, nails with large heads to securely hold your basket. Give yourself some room from the wall, so you can comfortably remove and put back your jewelry. Have fun making your jewelry masterpiece!





                                            *Not useful for post back earrings.


2 comments:

  1. This is a good idea. I made an earring display by gluing a piece of lacy fabric over a frame, then I hung it on the wall and I hang earrings on it. It's helped me to organize them a little better, but you can tell by looking at it that I'm not a professional!!
    I was wondering if you have a recommendation for a source for good hair clips. I lost my favorite clip recently on a flight back home and my hair has been out of control since then!!! Thanks for your blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds just beautiful! I love the idea of the lace!!! I'm sure it looks great!
    I find that the mega beauty supply stores are a good resource for almost everything hair, along with your local five and dime/drug store. Out of control hair is always in anyway! ;)
    Awww....thank you for following it! :)

    ReplyDelete