Thursday, February 21, 2013

Shopping for Seeds

Even though Punxsutawney Phil, the famous groundhog predicted an early spring, I hate to say, I'm a little doubtful and think it's going to be a long winter. But I'm hopeful at the same time that the little guy is right. We have a little guy ourselves, that usually makes a home for himself under the shed. I love seeing his chubby behind jiggle as he runs from under the deck to the safety of the shed, as we pull into the driveway. If the timing is right, he sits up on his plump back legs and gives us a deep, hard (if I'm not mistaken, dirty) look before ducking into his home. I think he thinks we are the intruders. But no sign of him and his shadow and I'm not surprised, as it's frigid out. The walkway is iced over and my head feels like it could use another hat. My scarf can't be long enough. It's a cold one today. And when it's this cold, the kind that feels like it will last forever, it's nice to think warm thoughts of spring and planting a little garden. I picked up some vegetable seeds today and I'm so excited! I don't have the greenest thumb but I'm going to give it a good, hard effort this year, if our furry little chubster friend lets me...




No comments:

Post a Comment