Monday, March 25, 2013

Grilled Lamb Chops with Mint Chimichurri

At my first Easter dinner having grilled lamb chops, (about more than a century ago at this point) I covered them with as much mint jelly as possible. I didn't appreciate them as much as I do today. When I was asked with a little bit of a smile, "Mary...are you enjoying your lamb chops?" I replied, "Yes...I just really, REALLY like mint jelly." (Which was true, I could eat mint jelly by the spoonful. I just love it.) But as the years past, I noticed I put less and less mint jelly on my lamb chops and have grown to enjoy them, especially around springtime. So, whether celebrating Easter, Seder dinner or just a nice dinner welcoming spring...Enjoy!




  • 8 lamb chops

For the mint chimichurri:
  • 2 cups loosely packed mint leaves, finely chopped
  • 2 large garlic cloves
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon raspberry white balsamic vinegar
  • generous pinch pink Himalayan sea salt
  • fresh ground black pepper
  • red pepper flakes* optional




Finely chop, mince and mash your garlic. Adding salt always helps with this process. Use a mortal and pestle if you have one, if not, keep mashing and chopping until you get a paste with occasional pieces of garlic, if you are a garlic lover. Combine the mint, garlic, olive oil, vinegar and peppers. Add more salt if needed and let sit at room temperature for about 2 hours, so the flavors blend together. Grill your lamb chops and serve with the chimichurri on the side. Serves 4. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment