Friday, August 17, 2012

Rosehip Margarita

There is a little bit of a chill in the air this morning, and a cup of hot tea would be nice. When I was little and had the sniffles, my mom would make a cup of tea for me and usually put some honey in it but what really made me smile and feel better was when she added the rose hip syrup. It gave the tea an ever so delicate perfume of sweet roses and sweetened it just the way little kids like, lol. As a grown-up, I've come to enjoy it in a cocktail. I hope you always have time to stop and smell the roses but if not, this little drink can take you there. Enjoy and happy weekend!

1 oz. tequila
1 tablespoon rose hip syrup
6 oz. raspberry seltzer
a wedge of lime

Combine the tequila and the rose hip syrup, pour in the seltzer and give it a stir. Give your drink a finish with a squeeze of the lime wedge.




You can usually find rose hip syrup at any Polish deli. You can also check you local supermarket or any international type of food store. If you enjoy the scent of roses, you will really enjoy this syrup. It's great  mixed with seltzer and topped with ice for a non-alcoholic version.

No comments:

Post a Comment