Thursday, August 30, 2012

Open Kitchen Cabinet for Pots & Pans

So my pots and pots were all crammed in the oven. (I hope I'm not the only one guilty of this, lol) And I love my pots, some gifts, some great garage sale finds and some more serious investments. It wasn't fun trying to bake something like a lasagna, pulling them in and out of the oven. So if you are using the oven as your storage space and you love your cookware, it's time to release them from their dungeon! When my hubby suggested that we take the doors off of one of the cabinets, so the pots could go there, it took a while for it to settle in and for me to see it feasible. I was just so used to the routine and I didn't think I had the room but once I went through the cabinets, reorganized and simplified, I saw that it was possible. How many mugs do two people and a dog really need? (lol) Lastly once you have your open space, have fun with it. Did your grandma leave you her Pyrex set? It would look great out and practical to use as the same time. Any "fillers" in between the pots and pans could be anything from glass stacking bowls, small vintage vases with dried flowers, canister sets or wood cutting boards stacked one on top of the other or any mix of them all. Play with your pots and pans to maximize the space and have what you use most readily available. Another idea for your open cabinet is wallpapering the background. This looks especially great if you are working with a monochromatic theme. A great site for vintage wall paper is www.hannahstreasures.com. So many fun prints to choose from. Have fun remixing those cabinets! I've gotta go bake something now that the oven is finally empty! ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment