Sunday, May 13, 2012

Floral Bouquet

I love making my own floral arrangements. And with it being Mother's Day, this is perfect for mom. My mom  loves carnations, so I wanted to make her a bouquet that would make her smile.




In this bouquet are mini carnations, mini roses, wax flowers and a few irises. I take an empty vase with a three inch opening and begin cutting the flowers down to size, removing any tired looking petals and removing the bottom leaves on the rose stems, as I go along. I keep the flowers at different lengths and trim as I need to, arranging them where they fit, very organically, trimming again, if needed. I used the wax flower as a filler, so I did trim them shorter, and arranged them around the carnations, roses and then I stuck in a few irises, where there were gaps. When done, pull your bouquet out, and wrap with a rubber band to keep it together, and then pick your ribbon, and tie a knot around your bouquet, leaving a three-four inch tail. Begin wrapping your bouquet, covering the rubber band, finally tying a bow on your just-picked-from-the-meadow-looking-bouquet. Mom can use a teaspoon of sugar to keep her bouquet around a little longer. I hope all the moms out there enjoy their day, and feel so special today, as you all truly are.



No comments:

Post a Comment