Saturday, May 26, 2012

Baileys & Cream Soda with Espresso

I have to start off by saying, I'm not having this drink this early, lol. I made this last night and it kept me up, on and off throughout the night. At 3:30, I got up to look up the dream meaning of sand. I was pushing a lot of sand in a red wheel barrel. I was maneuvering it carefully, afraid I would spill it. Ahh...dreams are great. But I did wake up feeling refreshed. The effects of late night espresso. I really like my coffee and combining the Baileys, cream soda and espresso makes a nice drink to end an evening. You get a little sweet from the cookie crumbs but the drink isn't overly sugary because of the bitter espresso. I hope this weekend you get a chance to try it, in between creating memories with family and friends and remembering our fallen heroes. Wishing everyone a nice relaxing Memorial Day Weekend.
  • 12 oz. cream soda
  • 2 oz. Baileys Irish Cream
  • 2 oz. of espresso (2 shots)
  • 1 shortbread cookie
Using a box grater, grate your shortbread cookie, so you have some fine crumbs. Dip your finger in a little vodka and run it outside the upper rim of a martini glass, that holds 8.oz. Dip your glass into the shortbread cookie crumbs. Press firmly so the crumbs stick. Using a little more vodka as needed, and repeating until you have a nice cookie crust on the outer edge of the glasses. This recipe makes 2 drinks. Combine your Baileys and espresso. Divide between the 2 glasses. Top off with the cream soda, and give it a light stir and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment