Thursday, October 18, 2012

Autumn Walk Push Pin Board

As I've been going on my walks with Daisy, my eyes are drawn to the beautiful leaves, each one unique, at the same time, each one perfect, like us. We are perfect in our own unique way. And it's time to reflect on your own uniqueness. There is no one in this world quite like you. Sure maybe close, but they don't love like you, laugh like you or smile the way you do. And maybe you haven't thought about your own unique qualities in a while and as the leaves show us, we are all special and all shine in our own way. And as autumn is a natural time, to hibernate like the bears, it's a time to go inwards and to give life some thought. Are you shining as the bright as the bright light that you really are?






I can't help but bring some leaves home from our walks and I am so in love with them and appreciate the beauty that they give my mornings and evenings. They needed to be embraced and my solution was to display them on a board. Although they won't last too long, they would survive a dinner party to be admired. If you have a mantle or a buffet table, you could easily lean it against the wall bringing the season indoors, in a matter of minutes! I found these great rustic push pins at a garage sale but you could always add some glam to this, by using shiny gold push pins. If you have a black and white theme in your living room, you could silver push pins. Have fun pinning and shining bright! ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment