Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Catfish, Beans & Tomatoes

I love catfish, its' flavor, texture and versatility. I especially like that it doesn't fall apart easily and retains its' shape. The other night, I took catfish out of the fridge and was going season it and simply pan fry it for dinner. But as I began to clean the fish and pat it dry, I looked at the Campari tomatoes, and thought of the half a shallot, sitting in the fridge. "Mmm... cilantro would be great in this too", I thought to myself. I got out a can of beans, and the dinner started taking on its' own flavors. And my current obsession with smoked Spanish paprika, had to be added to the fish! Lately, it's in everything! The end result was delicious and was done in no time! Start with a salad and pair the catfish with rice, pasta or a potato side dish. This serves 2. Enjoy!


  • 2 tablespoons minced shallot
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon Vegeta, or any all purpose seasoning
  • 3 small good tomatoes, like Campari, chopped
  • 8 oz. catfish fillet. cut into 1 inch cubes
  • 1 cup canned small white beans, rinsed
  • 1 teaspoon minced cilantro, plus additional leaves for garnish


In a heavy bottomed pan, combine the olive oil, butter, shallot, paprika and Vegeta. Saute until the shallot is soft. Add the tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in the catfish and saute for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in the beans and cilantro and cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment