Thursday, October 25, 2012

Witches' Brew

When I see that sign at Dairy Queen, that says "Just 4 days left," a mild panic sets in. It's a combination of it being, a sure sign that winter is eventually going to be here. (Winter is my least favorite season. If I could live in a beach shack somewhere for a few months, I would.) And, where am I suppose to get pumpkin ice cream if they are closed? That's the real concern, lol. But I have a few days left before the CLOSED sign at Dairy Queen, stays that way. (Until late February 2013, the 22nd to be exact, but who's counting and who circled it on her mental calendar, not me, lol) So it's time to enjoy the pumpkin ice cream while we can! If you aren't a fan of pumpkin, you can use vanilla or chocolate ice cream, dulce de leche would be nice also. And you can use cream soda instead of cola also. This is such a fun drink and looks like a little bit of a witches' brew! To delight your inner witch, wrap a piece of "creepy cloth" around your glass and cackle away, my pretty!


  • 2 scoops pumpkin ice cream
  • 4 oz. chocolate liqueur, like Godiva
  • 8 oz. cola
  • milk chocolate for garnish *optional


Fill your glass with a scoop of ice cream. Top with the liqueur and the cola, skimming the foam to add more if necessary. Grate the chocolate on top. Serves 2. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment