Thursday, December 13, 2012

Chai-ed Milk with Black Spice Rum

When I was little, I found a recipe for a sweet hot milk in a childrens' cookbook and couldn't wait to try it. My mom was never enthusiastic about me using the stove and I had to ask her when she was in good spirits, lol. And it was around Christmas time, that I first made the recipe with milk, sugar and vanilla. Did I love it, especially because it was sweet and spiced with vanilla. It was almost like a hot melted scoop of vanilla ice cream. Mmmm...as much as I like ice cream soup, it doesn't seem too appealing now, lol but a chai spiced almond milk spiked with black spice rum sounds much better. ;) Enjoy!




  • 16 oz. vanilla flavored almond milk
  • 3 oz. black spiced rum
  • 2 chai tea bags
  • 1/8-1/4 teaspoon honey
  • 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • pinch ground cinnamon
  • fresh nutmeg


This is a great cocktail that works with any kind of milk, regular, soy, almond or rice. You can use plain or vanilla flavored. (If using regular milk, you might want to add more honey or even sugar and adjust as needed. Just add the sugar in as the milk is warming up.) On low heat, bring the almond milk to an almost boil. Add in your tea bags, cover and let steep for 10 minutes. With a spoon, squeeze your tea bags to get all of the flavor out. Whisk in your honey. Add in the black spiced rum, vanilla, cinnamon and freshly grated nutmeg. If you want your chai super hot, you can do this on the stove or you can cool it down with an ice cube and sip with a straw. Serves 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment