Friday, June 8, 2012

A Bunch of Necklaces

I found this cool cardboard mannequin at a garage sale for 50 cents. I couldn't believe it! I handed over my two quarters and wedged her under my arm. I may have done a little skip on the way to the car, I was excited! She sat on my dresser, (unstably) for a while, little by little collecting my necklaces. She has some bruises on her. She has fallen over so many times ending with a bunch of necklaces on the floor, at times, sadly tangled. It may have been the umpteenth time that she fell over, when I saw another solution. Hanging her up from the ceiling! With the help of my hubby, we rigged together a coat rack and the mannequin! And I think it looks great! I've always let design reign over function but with a little effort, you can have both! Happy Decorating!




We first pulled the coat rack through the center of the mannequin, she already had a center so it was easier. Then we drilled into her back so the coat rack and Nellie would be secure. Then we screwed in an eye screw with ring to the top of the coat rack. We then attached a flat hook (the two screws really makes a difference in holding its' weight) to the ceiling. Make sure that it can handle the weight. We then used brass snap hooks to link the two together and the necklaces are easier that ever to get to, without falling over.




No comments:

Post a Comment