Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Knock Knock

Old doors and fun doorknockers put a smile on my face. The chipping paint, giving the door a two-tone color. No matter what paint technique you give it, it can't compete with the years that pass by, perfecting it. We have one by default, as the house hasn't been painted in years and it needs it. And we finally started. It's a slow process, as part of me loved the chipping paint. But as the fresh coat sets in and I'm getting used to it, the old door, that I love, needs a new coat too. Part of me is excited and I'm deciding between a few fun colors. Life is short, sometimes you need to live out loud, and the door is going to be part of it. In time, it will age itself and the paint will chip away, as hopefully, wonderful memories are made inside.


This door knocker is available in a rust color at http://www.hardwaretree.com/, along with other cool door knockers and other fun stuff


No comments:

Post a Comment