Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Greek Yogurt

One of the prettiest things about fall, are pumpkins. I've been so excited about Halloween already. I know, I know, I am rushing along the season. I had to talk myself out of decorating the house. The ripped up black curtains were almost up! And on top of that, I was picking out pumpkins, for the front steps. I had to step away, the main reason being, the squirrels will have a full sit down dinner, enjoying those pumpkins and lucky me will have to clean up after them. So I stepped away from the pretty pumpkins and at the same time, I don't want to rush this beautiful time of year, but I do want a little taste, so I made this pumpkin pie Greek yogurt. It's almost as good as the real thing. Creamy, spicy and has that pumpkin pie flavor, that only autumn gives. Enjoy!


  • 17.6 oz. Greek yogurt
  • 5 tablespoons pumpkin fruit butter
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • generous pinch pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 ginger snap cookies
  • 1 teaspoon raw pumpkin seeds *optional


Combine the yogurt, pumpkin butter, honey, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl. Adjust the seasonings, adding more spice, fruit butter or honey, depending on the sweetness and flavor of the pumpkin butter. Crush your ginger snap cookies and combine with the pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle them around the rim of the bowl, mimicking the crust and the best part, if you let it sit a little, it gets as moist as the real thing! Serves 2.






No comments:

Post a Comment