Friday, September 14, 2012

Open-Faced Tomato & Sorrel Sandwich

Finally a red tomato! (Surrounded by seven green ones, but that's okay. Who's counting? lol) I am looking at this, with a glass-full-type-of-attitude and relishing my sweet success, by enjoying every bite of this tomato, on a ciabatta roll with good unsalted butter. As I looked out the window, I saw this red jewel, revealling its' beauty, as she stood out among the green of the leaves and the unripe tomatoes. I knew I had to pick my first and probably last red tomato quickly, before a squirrel came along and swiped my prized treasure. And I didn't want to have to break out the karate moves and wrestle my victorious tomato away from a squirrel. ;) Happy weekend everyone!




  • 1 good tomato
  • 1 ciabatta roll, whole wheat or white
  • 2 tablespoons good unsalted butter, like Plugra
  • crunchy sea salt, like Maldon
  • fresh ground pepper
  • 1 sorrel leaf, cut into strips *optional

Cut your roll in half and butter both sides with unsalted butter. Cut your tomato into thin slices and overlap them on the buttered roll halves. Salt your tomatoes and top with the sorrel strips. Top with fresh ground pepper and enjoy! (I caught the squirrel peeking into the window, while I was eating my sandwich, all I had to do was a karate chop motion in the air, and he was gone.)




No comments:

Post a Comment