Friday, September 28, 2012

Turmeric Tonic Cocktail

I have been trying to kick my coffee habit. I love a nice cup of coffee, and the most savored cups being when the seasons change. There is nothing better than when the weather cools and you get that first cup of hot coffee. Or when the winter chill finally breaks and there is that one warm spring day. And you take that first sip of iced coffee. I broke down and had a cup of coffee the other day. It's a hard habit to kick, but what is helping me are my turmeric tonics. I've been combining turmeric, saffron, honey and water. Sometimes, I add ginger to the mix or substitute agave syrup for the honey. And it tastes so good to me, I though to myself, "This would be a great drink!" So if you enjoy turmeric also, you'll enjoy this drink! This makes 2 cocktails. Enjoy and have a happy weekend!

  • 2 oz. vanilla vodka
  • a few strands of saffron
  • 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
  • 8 oz. gingerale, divided

In a small covered container, combine the saffron and the vodka. Let this sit for a minimum of 12 hours. Add in the turmeric and combine well. Using muslin cloth, stain the liquid, gently squeezing the fabric to get all of the liquid. (I'm sure a paper towel will work fine.) Divide among 2 glasses and pour in the gingerale. If you would like a sweeter drink, you can always add honey or agave syrup.





No comments:

Post a Comment