Monday, April 23, 2012

Paper Bags Make Great Gift Wrap!

Happy Earth Day! It's a day to celebrate the earth and do something good for her with hopes of doing more all year long. All week long I plan to post earth hugging ideas along with my regular posts. This idea was inspired by my cousin which would wrap gifts in newspaper comics, giving the newspaper a new purpose. Getting birthday gifts when I was a little girl, wrapped with Charlie Brown always put a smile on my face. I adopted the idea until the day I had a gift to wrap and there was no newspaper. This time, with no Peanuts gang, I eyed my paper bags that I usually have on hand and made my own wrapping paper. It's great because it can be personalized and if you have kids, they can help with the designing! Just tear the bag along the seam, cut out the bottom, and go to town! Polka dots are super easy, stencils are great also. I really like the paper crumpled up a bit and I love using jute twine as ribbon. The best part after the gift is opened the paper can be recycled and the jute twine can be re-used. It's a small step, but it's one step closer to making Mother Earth smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment