Monday, June 10, 2013

In Love with Sea Holly

Was I so excited about Fridays' post that never happened...as my computer screen went blank. Completely blank. It wasn't until my miracle-making genius brother-in-law fixed it. I still don't know how it was up and running over the weekend but it was amazing, as I thought I would have to be bringing this little guy down to the recycling center tomorrow. But alas, it's been saved along with Fridays' post. I hope everyone had a nice weekend and has an even better upcoming week!

Last year, I fell in love with lupine, so deeply in love that I ended up getting another plant. This year out of the two, only one returned, which I'm so grateful for the one. She feels happy and right at home. This year, the looker that made me turn my head a few times is "Sea Holly." I am not only in love but obsessed with her look, spiky and in-your-face beautiful, a true off-beat beauty that will add lots of personality to the garden. I'm so excited to be planting her. She is still in the pot, as I'm nervous where to plant her, as she does not not like to be moved once planted, as I'm learning from her tag and some of the garden forums. And I'm a little bit of a mover, moving some of my flowers from place to place, until I feel it's the right spot. So, I'm having a little performance anxiety here, lol. Isn't gardening suppose to be relaxing? ;)




Eryngium 'Sapphire Blue' Sea Holly likes full sun but I'm planning to give her a home in my part-shade garden and crossing my fingers, hoping for the best. (I think I get enough sun to keep her happy, I'm hoping.) Sea Holly grows about 28" and spreads out about a foot and a half. She likes soil with good drainage. Happy planting, (maybe not today on the east coast, as it's drizzly and a little chilly out. It's perfect weather for chicken and leek soup.)  I can't wait till some planting weather comes along!




                         Aren't the sea holly babies so cute? I'm so in love/obsessed...


2 comments:

  1. So glad you got your computer issue resolved! I noticed Friday's post was missing!!! By the way, I'm not sure what kind of computer you're using, but I have a MAC, which I really enjoy. So user-friendly. I say, once you go MAC, you never go back ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!! But I think it's that time...thanks so much for the feedback about Macs! I think I'm going to take some time out to check them out! :)

    ReplyDelete