Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hot Honey & Vanilla Coconut Milk

You wouldn't believe that summer begins next week, as here on the east coast, it's chilly and rainy as ever. When I attempted to take Daisy out for her walk this morning, she refused. She takes some steps backwards and then shakes her head, "No". It doesn't happen every time but when it does, I can't help but laugh out loud and attempt to coax her down the stairs by assuring her I will keep her covered with the umbrella. (Sometimes, she still refuses.) She really is Miss Daisy, as most of the time she gets her way and we go back inside until the rain lets up, lol. With this day and evening as raw and clammy as it is, I needed something warm to drink, with a promise of summer and when I think of summer, I think of tropical coconuts! This is a creamy, sweet and a little peppery drink that's just perfect for a beating-rain-against-the-window type of night, such as tonight. Enjoy!

  • 12 oz. coconut milk, (the drinkable, milk substitute type)
  • 1 heaping tablespoon coconut milk (the condiment type, in a can)
  • 1 heaping teaspoon honey or more to taste
  • 1/3 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • fresh ground black pepper

In a pot, combine all of the ingredients and heat on medium heat, until steaming hot. Adjust the sweetness as needed. Garnish with extra pepper, if you like. Serves 1. Double the recipe as needed.




2 comments:

  1. Sounds so nice! The weather I mean! I'm so jealous! Where I live, it's pretty much always the same--dry, sunny, blah, blah, blah. You're so luck to have real weather!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! How did I have a feeling that maybe a comment like this would be waiting for me! Haha! too funny! It was nice this morning, now it's raining again, you would be soo happy right now, rainy, rainy, about 60 degrees and it's thundering a little.

    ReplyDelete