Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Luck & Gratitude

I've been obsessed with luck ever since I was a little girl. Ladybugs were my most favorite symbol of luck. I loved their polka dots most of all and their little bold red suits of armor. Even today, I get a little bit of a rush when I see one. And can't help think, "Today is going to be a lucky day." And usually it is. But I think what gives luck it's true power is a combination of thought, feelings and gratitude most of all. Horseshoes, spiders in the house, bells ringing all have their place in this thing we call luck, that everyone wants. Finding a penny on heads is great and I have to admit, if found on tails, I will flick it with my shoe until it lands on heads. I'm not flicking a bug away, no, no, it's the master plan to bring more luck into my life, one coin at a time. And with a sigh of relief as that coin finally turns and I pick up my shiny penny, so do my feelings about the day. "It's going to be a good day," I tell myself. Seeing a rainbow brings a feeling of promise that only good is coming. I have to admit it may be hard sometimes, especially when everything feels like it's going wrong. And that's when gratitude comes in to save the day. Being grateful for what you have is a guarantee to open the door for more goodness and luck your way. And many times, it's a matter of perception. switching the way you think about something. As my husband says, when something not so desirable happens, "It could have been worse" and for that, I am grateful, thankful and lucky, that it wasn't.



No comments:

Post a Comment